Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W180
Released July, 2009
The Pros:Small and compact. Affordable price. Sony is a highly regarded camera manufacturer - good build quality, decent component quality.
The Cons:Takes a couple seconds to process in between shots. Basic point and shoot - limited functionality, poor zoom, resolution, optics, etc... Uses more expensive, less common Memory Stick Duo flash memory card storage.
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W180 is an automatic point-and-shoot compact digital camera built for users seeking a small and easy-to-use camera to carry in their pocket. It features a 10.3MP CCD sensor, a 3x optical zoom lens, and a 2.7” LCD screen.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Included are a batch of intelligent technologies like Smile Shutter that captures a smile as it breaks; Face Detection for capturing up to 8 faces; seven Scene Selection modes for quickly adjusting to a specific shooting location; in-camera Trimming and Red-Eye correction for enhancing photos; and a Picture Motion Browser for the PC that simplifies the process of moving photos/videos to and from the camera. Sitting right beneath the zoom buttons is a sliding switch for automatically switching the camera from shooting, playback, or video mode. Overall, the DSC-W180 is perhaps one of the easiest digital cameras to use — making it an optimal solution for beginners and intermediates alike.
- Automatic Point-and-Shoot
- Compact Digital
- 103.MP CCD Sensor
- 3X Optical Zoom Lens
- 2.7” LCD Screen
- Intelligent Photo Capture
- Low Resolution Video Capture (QVGA)
- Macro Function (for close-ups)
- Built-in Image Stabilization
- Screen Size: 2.7” LCD
- Imaging Device: 1/2.3 type(7.79 mm) Super HAD™ CCD
- Megapixel: 10.1MP
- Optical Zoom: 3x
- Total Zoom: 6x
- 35mm Equivalent: 35-105mm
- Battery Type: Lithium-Ion NP-BK1
- Battery Capacity: 140 mins, 290 images
- Movie Mode: 320(QVGA) @30fps
- ISO: Auto / 100-3200
- Compatibility (Win): XP, Vista
- Compatibility (Mac): OS 9.1/9.2/X(10.1-10.5)
- Recording Media: 128MB Flash, Optional Stick Duo, Stick PRO Duo
- Rechargeable Battery (NP-BK1)
- Battery Charger (BC-CSK / BC-CSKA)
- Dedicated A/V Cable
- Dedicated USB Cable
- Wrist Strap
- DSC-W180 | Silver
- DSC-W180/B | Black
- DSC-W180/R | Red
User Reviews (4)
Sony is a highly regarded camera manufacturer - good build quality, decent component quality
intelligent face and smile detection
takes a couple seconds to process in between shots
basic point and shoot - limited functionality, poor zoom, resolution, optics, etc...
uses more expensive, less common Memory Stick Duo flash memory card storage
Cannot Zoom while video recording
You may also like...