Released October, 2008
The Pros:Lots of extras including the ability to adjust the flash intensity and adjust white levels. Well balanced with a comfortable hand grip. Has an Easy mode that makes shooting beautiful sharp pictures easy enough for beginners.
The Cons:Images tend to have a fair bit of noise if lighting isn't strong.
The Ricoh R10 is a compact 10.30 megapixel digital camera with 7.1x optical zoom. The wide-angle 28mm lens gives perspectives impossible to capture with a 35mm camera and the Double Retracting LENS System makes space for the 28-200mm zoom lens.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The step zoom function lets you fix the optical focal length for seven different zoom steps letting you easily choose the zoom you like best. The Smooth Imaging Engine III gives a high quality image and features such as face detection and Ricoh's original CCD-shift image stabilizer function ensures subjects are in clear and in focus with proper exposure and balance while AE/AF target shift function lets you fix your camera on a tripod and choose your focal points using buttons rather than moving the camera. The easy shooting mode displays only often-used functions and only gives you picutre quality options taking the worry out of picture taking and eliminating operation errors. Other notable features include backlight compensation, three continuous shooting modes, on camera still image trimming and a 3.0 inch LCD monitor.
- No. of Effective Pixels: Approximately 10 million pixels
- Image Sensor: 1/2.3-inch CCD (total pixels: approx. 10.30 million pixels)
- Focal length: f= 4.95 - 35.4 mm ( 35mm film equivalent focal length 28 to 200mm. With Step Zoom set, the following 7 fixed focal lengths possible: 28mm, 35mm, 50mm, 85mm, 105mm, 135mm, and 200mm.)
- F-aperture: F3.3 (Wide) - F5.2 (Telephoto)
- Shooting Distance:
- Normal shooting: Approx. 30cm to infinity (wide-angle), approx. 1.0m to infinity (telephoto) (from the front of the lens)
- Macro shooting: Approx. 1cm to infinity (wide-angle), approx. 25cm to infinity (telephoto) (from the front of the lens)
- Zoom Magnification:
- Optical zoom: 7.1 times (35 mm equivalent focal length 28 to 200 mm),
- Digital zoom: 4.8 times, up to 34.1 times (960 mm equivalent) in combination with optical zoom
- Auto resize zoom: 5.7 times, up to 40.7 times (1140mm equivalent) in combination with optical zoom
- Focus Modes: Multi AF (CCD method), Spot AF (CCD method) , Manual Focus, Snap, Infinity (focus lock, AF auxiliary light)
- Motion Blur Reduction: CCD shift method image stabilizer
- Shutter Speed:
- Still image: 8, 4, 2, 1 - 1/2000 sec.
- Movie: 1/30 to 1/2000 sec.
- Exposure Adjustment:
- Exposure Metering Mode: Multi Light Metering (256 segments), Center Weighted Light Metering, Spot Metering(TTL-CCD metering)
- Exposure Mode: Program AE
- Exposure Compensation: Manual Exposure Compensation (-2.0EV to +2.0 EV in 1/3 EV steps),Auto Bracket Function (-0.5EV, ±0, +0.5EV)
- ISO Sensitivity (Standard Output Sensitivity): AUTO, AUTO-HI, ISO80 / ISO100 / ISO200 / ISO400 / ISO800 / ISO1600
- White Balance Mode: AUTO / Outdoors / Cloudy / Incandescent / Incandescent 2 / Fluorescent / Manual, White Balance Bracket Function
- Built-in Flash Mode: Auto (during low light and when subject is backlit), Red-eye Flash, Flash On, Flash synchro, Flash Off
- Flash Compensation: ±2.0 EV (1/3 EV steps)
- Built-in Flash Range:
- Approx. 20cm to 3.0m(wide-angle),
- approx. 25cm to 2.0m(telephoto)(ISO Auto/ISO400, from the front of the lens)
- Picture Display: 3.0-inch Transparent Amorphous Silicon TFT LCD (approx. 460,000 dots)
- Shooting Mode: Auto Shooting Mode / Easy Shooting Mode / Scene Modes (Portrait / Face / Sports / Landscape / Nightscape / Night Portrait / High Sensitivity / Zoom Macro / Skew Correction / Text), My Settings Mode / Movie Mode
- Picture Quality Mode: F(Fine) / N(Normal)
- Number of Recorded Pixels:
- Still image:
- [4 : 3] 3648 x 2736, 3264 x 2448, 2592 x 1944, 2048 x 1536, 1280 x 960, 640 x 480
- [3 : 2] 3648 x 2432
- [1 : 1] 2736 x 2736
- Movie: 640 x 480, 320 x 240
- Text: 3648 x 2736, 2048 x 1536
- Recording Media: SD memory card (32, 64, 128, 256, 512 MB, 1GB, 2GB), SDHC memory card (4GB, 8GB, 16GB), Internal memory (approx. 54MB)
- Recording File Format:
- Still Image: JPEG(Exif ver2.21)
- Text: JPEG(Exif ver2.21)
- Movie: AVI (Open DML Motion JPEG format compliant)
- Other Major Shooting Functions: Cont / S-Cont / M-Cont, Self-Timer (operation time: approx. 10 sec. / 2 sec. / custom self-timer), Interval Timer (Shooting interval: 5 sec. to 3 hours (5 sec. steps), Color Bracket function, Fix Min. Aperture, AE/AF Target Shift, Record Dual Size, Histogram, Grid Guide, Electronic Level
- Other Major Playback Functions: Grid View, Enlarged Display (maximum 16x), Resize, Level Compensation, White Balance Compensation, Trim, Flag
- Interface: USB 2.0 mini-B, High-Speed USB, Mass storage compatible Audio Out / Video Out
- Video Signal Formats: NTSC, PAL switchable
- Power Source: Rechargeable Battery (DB-70) x 1,
- Battery Consumption: Based on CIPA Standard: Using the DB-70, approx. 300 pictures (When LCD Auto Dim is on)
- Dimensions: 102.0 mm (W) x 58.3 mm (H) x 26.1 mm (D), excluding projecting parts
- Weight: Approx. 168g (excluding battery, SD memory card, strap), Accessories. approx. 23g (battery, strap)
- Operating Temperature: 0°C - 40°C
User Reviews (1)
lots of extras including the ability to adjust the flash intensity and adjust white levels
well balanced with a comfortable hand grip
has an Easy mode that makes shooting beautiful sharp pictures easy enough for beginners
battery lasts a very long time before it runs out
menus and button layout are intuitive and easy to work with
plenty of detail and clarity in the LCD making it easy to line up a shot just right
images tend to have a fair bit of noise if lighting isn't strong
You may also like...