Like many of the more expensive LUMIX cameras, the LS5 has iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode to seamlessly integrate the most appropriate adjustments for your current settings and shooting conditions. iA Mode automatically oversees O.I.S. as well as Face Detection and Intelligent Scene Selector (which adjusts for parameters and shooting modes such as Portrait, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, and Macro).
If shooting HD video on your point-and-shoot is important to you, the Panasonic LUMIX DMC-LS5 is capable of capturing 1280x720p HD video at 30 frames per second. In a fun bit of company synergy, those who own Panasonic VIERA HDTVs with memory card slots can shoot HD video on the LS5, pop out the memory card, and plug it directly into your TV to watch your video instantly (or enjoy photo slide shows). Newer LUMIX cameras also feature built-in YouTube and Facebook Image Uploader -- simply connect the camera to your computer and follow the automatic prompts to share your images or videos without having to use any software.
Panasonic LUMIX DMC-LS5 Features Include:
- 14.1 Megapixel Hi-Speed CCD sensor
- 5x Optical Zoom
- F2.8 26mm wide-angle lens
- 2.7 TFT Screen LCD (230K resolution)
- 1280x720p HD video recording @ 30fps
- YouTube & Facebook Image Uploader
- O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilization)
- Intelligent Scene Selector
- Face Detection
- USB 2.0 connection
- SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card Compatible
- Runs on two AA batteries (good for approx 160 pictures)