Nikon Coolpix S6000
Released March, 2010
The Pros:Uses SD/SDHC cards. 7x Optical Zoom. Records in 720P HD Video.
The Cons:Cheep feel, mostly plastic compared to other Nikon point and shoots. Does not come with battery charger. Must charge battery through camera.
The Nikon Coolpix S6000 was announced on February 3rd 2010 for release in the following month along with the Coolpix S8000. These cameras are touted as the the thinnest cameras in their respective classes, with the S8000 having 10x zoom and a larger monitor and this model offering 7x zoom and a high-speed power up time of .75 seconds and shooting time lag of .3 seconds.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Both share the same NIKKOR high-powered zoom lens type, USB port, internal 32MB SD card and are both capable of taking up to 210 shots on one charge when using the included Li-ion battery. Also included is an AC adapter which may also be used to power the device as well as the battery. The rear monitor is a 2.7" 230k-dot, wide-viewing angle TFT LCD with anti-reflection coating and the photo lens is capable of wide-angle 28mm through telephoto 196mm (both 35mm format equivalent). Nikon has also incorporated many digital functions such as motion detection, subject tracking, smart portait system with skin softening and a four way lens-shift vibration or VR reduction function. 720p HD video recording at 30fps is also supported, and can be played back via the HDMI output.
- Effective pixels: 14.2 million
- Lens: 7x zoom NIKKOR; 5.0-35.0mm (equivalent with 35mm  format picture angle: 28-196mm); f/3.7-5.6; Digital zoom: up to 2x (35mm  format picture angle: 392mm)
- Focus range (from lens): Approx. 50 cm (1 ft. 8 in.) to infinity (∞), Macro close-up mode: Approx. 3 cm (1.2 in.) to infinity (∞)
- Monitor: 2.7-in., approx. 230k-dot, TFT LCD with anti-reflection coating
- Storage media: Internal memory, 32 MB SD memory card
- ISO sensitivity: ISO 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, Auto (auto gain ISO 100-1600), Fixed range auto (ISO 100-400, 100-800)
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB
- Power sources: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12 (supplied), Charging AC Adapter EH-68P/EH-68P (AR) (supplied), AC Adapter EH-62F (optional), Battery Charger MH-65 (optional)
- Battery life: Approx. 210 shots with EN-EL12 battery
- Dimensions (WxHxD): Approx. 97.0 x 55.5 x 25.0 mm (3.9 x 2.2 x 1.0 in.) excluding projections
- Weight: Approx. 156 g (5.5 oz.) with battery and SD memory card
- Supplied accessories: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12, Charging AC Adapter EH-68P/EH-68P (AR), USB Cable UC-E6, Audio Video Cable EG-CP14, Strap AN-CP19, Software Suite CD-ROM
User Reviews (2)
Easy to find in bundle for $200 that comes with 2gb card and case.
Cheep feel, mostly plastic compared to other Nikon point and shoots.
Does not come with battery charger. Must charge battery through camera.
You may also like...