Nikon Coolpix S230
Released February, 2009
The Pros:Nice and small, easy to carry around without thinking about it. Image stabilization works really well, everything is always sharp. Good response when pressing the shutter release, very little lag.
The Cons:Doesn't have a viewfinder, relies entirely on the LCD. Batteries tend to run out real quick, need to invest in some rechargeables.
The Nikon Coolpix S230 is a lower end model in Nikon's Coolpix Style series, which is a line of sophisticated and stylish digital cameras. This is very similar to the lower model S220, with the most notable difference being addition of a 3" touch control LCD which features fingertip shooting control and a variety of exciting playback options.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
This is a slim ultra-compact camera that has advanced shooting functions and a 10 megapixel resolution for accurate reproduction of fine details. The 3x zoom NIKKOR lens covers focal lengths from 35-105 mm thanks to six aspherical surfaces. Nikon’s Smart Portrait System combines face-priority AF, smile mode, blink warning and in-camera red-eye fix to make portrait shooting as easy as possible. Other image enhancing features include Nikon's electronic VR (vibration reduction) image stabilization and Nikon’s original BSS (Best Shot Selector) function automatically shoots a series of sequential frames and saves the one with the sharpest focus. The camera housing is only 18mm thick and is made from quality-crafted aluminum with gentle contours to comfortably fit in the hand. The COOLPIX S230 is available in gloss red, purple and black.
- Effective pixels: 10.0 million
- Image sensor: 1/2.3-in. CCD; total pixels: approx. 10.34 million
- Lens: 3x Zoom-NIKKOR; 6.3-18.9mm (35mm  format picture angle: 35-105mm); f/3.1-5.9; Digital zoom: up to 4x (35mm  format picture angle: 420mm)
- Focus range (from lens): 60 cm (2 ft.) to infinity (8), Macro close-up mode: 10 cm (4 in.) to infinity (8)
- Monitor: 3-in., approx. 230k-dot, TFT LCD with touch screen control and anti-reflection coating
- Storage media: Internal memory (approx. 44 MB), SD/SDHC memory cards1
- Image size (pixels): 3648 x 2736 (High: 3648/Normal: 3648), 2592 x 1944 (Normal: 2592), 2048 x 1536 (Normal: 2048), 1024 x 768 (PC: 1024), 640 x 480 (TV: 640), 3584 x 2016 (16:9: 3584)
- Vibration Reduction (VR): Electronic VR
- ISO sensitivity: ISO 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 2000, Auto (auto gain ISO 80-800), High ISO Sensitivity Auto (ISO 80-1600)
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB
- Power sources: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL10 (supplied), AC Adapter EH-62D (optional)
- Battery life: Approx. 160 shots with EN-EL10 battery
- Dimensions (WxHxD): Approx. 91 x 57 x 20 mm (3.6 x 2.3 x 0.8 in.) excluding projections
- Weight: Approx. 115 g (4.1 oz.) without battery and SD memory card
- Supplied accessories: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL10, Battery Charger MH-63, USB Cable UC-E6, Audio Video Cable EG-CP14, Strap AN-CP19, Stylus, Software Suite CD-ROM
- Optional accessories: AC Adapter EH-62D
User Reviews (1)
nice and small, easy to carry around without thinking about it
image stabilization works really well, everything is always sharp
good response when pressing the shutter release, very little lag
low light pictures still come out fairly sharp, not grainy
zoom is surprisingly powerful considering the size of the camera
doesn't have a viewfinder, relies entirely on the LCD
batteries tend to run out real quick, need to invest in some rechargeables
You may also like...