Nikon Coolpix S220
Released February, 2009
The Pros:Compact and lightweight. Easy to use - intuitive and comfortable controls. Affordable price point.
The Cons:Very slow shutter - makes fast moving subjects come out blurry, even in ideal lighting conditions, worse in poor light. Image quality is severely lacking - noisy, poor detail, inaccurate colours, etc... Crappy quality LCD display - reproduces the images taken very poorly.
The Nikon Coolpix S220 is the base model in Nikon's Coolpix Style series, which is a line of sophisticated and stylish digital cameras. This is a slim ultra-compact camera that has advanced shooting functions and a 10 megapixel resolution for accurate reproduction of fine details.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The 3x zoom NIKKOR lens covers focal lengths from 35-105 mm thanks to six aspherical surfaces. Nikon’s Smart Portrait System combines face-priority AF, smile mode, blink warning and in-camera red-eye fix to make portrait shooting as easy as possible. Other image enhancing features include Nikon's electronic VR (vibration reduction) image stabilization and Nikon’s original BSS (Best Shot Selector) function automatically shoots a series of sequential frames and saves the one with the sharpest focus. The camera housing is only 18mm thick and is made from quality-crafted aluminum with gentle contours to comfortably fit in the hand. The COOLPIX S220 is available in aqua green, magenta, cobalt blue and purple.
- Effective pixels: 10.0 million
- Image sensor: 1/2.3-in. CCD; total pixels: approx. 10.34 million
- Lens: 3x Zoom-NIKKOR; 6.3-18.9mm (35mm  format picture angle: 35-105mm); f/3.1-5.9; Digital zoom: up to 4x (35mm  format picture angle: 420mm)
- Focus range (from lens): 60cm (2 ft.) to infinity (8), Macro close-up mode: 10 cm (4 in.) to infinity (8)
- Monitor: 2.5-in., approx. 150k-dot, TFT LCD
- Storage media: Internal memory (approx. 44 MB), SD/SDHC memory cards1
- Image size (pixels): 3648 x 2736 (High: 3648/Normal: 3648), 2592 x 1944 (Normal: 2592), 2048 x 1536 (Normal: 2048), 1024 x 768 (PC: 1024), 640 x 480 (TV: 640), 3584 x 2016 (16:9: 3584)
- Vibration Reduction (VR): Electronic VR
- ISO sensitivity: ISO 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 2000, Auto (auto gain ISO 80-800), High ISO Sensitivity Auto (ISO 80-1600)
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB
- Power sources: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL10 (supplied), AC Adapter EH-62D (optional)
- Battery life: Approx. 180 shots with EN-EL10 battery
- Dimensions (WxHxD): Approx. 89.5 x 55.5 x 18 mm (3.5 x 2.2 x 0.7 in.) excluding projections
- Weight: Approx. 100 g (3.5 oz.) without battery and SD/SDHC memory card
- Supplied accessories2: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL10, Battery Charger MH-63, USB Cable UC-E6, Audio Video Cable EG-CP14, Strap AN-CP14/AN-CP19, Software Suite CD-ROM
- Optional accessories: AC Adapter EH-62D
User Reviews (6)
easy to use - intuitive and comfortable controls
powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery
very slow shutter - makes fast moving subjects come out blurry, even in ideal lighting conditions, worse in poor light
image quality is severely lacking - noisy, poor detail, inaccurate colours, etc...
crappy quality LCD display - reproduces the images taken very poorly
You may also like...