Nikon Coolpix L20
Released March, 2009
The Pros:Utilizes cheap, easy to find, and capacious SD/SDHC memory cards. Affordable price. Uses universal AA batteries - easy to recharge or find replacements anywhere.
The Cons:Poor 3.6x optical zoom. Uses AA batteries rather than higher capacity and easier to recharge lithium-ion battery packs. Basic point & shoot camera.
The Nikon Coolpix L20 is the mid model in Nikon's Coolpix Life series, which is a line of powerful and simple to use digital cameras. It is very similar in design to the lower model L19 but has a larger 10 megapixel resolution and larger 3" LCD screen compared to the 8 MP and 2.5".
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It features a NIKKOR 3.6x optical zoom lens which gives great quality shots for group shots or close up portraits. There are several functions to simplify picutre taking, such as easy auto mode, scene auto selector and Nikon’s Smart Portrait System, which combines face-priority AF, smile mode, blink warning and in-camera red-eye fix. The button layout is also designed to make using this camera as simple and intuitive as possible, such as an easy to reach dedicated button to switch from shooting and playback modes. It has 20 MB of internal memory, a SD/SDHC memory card slot, USB connectivity and is powered by two AA batteries for up to 630 shots (depending on battery type). The Nikon Coolpix L20 is available in a gloss red, blue or black finish.
- Effective pixels: 10.0 million
- Image sensor: 1/2.3-in. CCD; total pixels: approx. 10.34 million
- Lens: 3.6x Zoom-NIKKOR; 6.7-24.0mm (35mm  format picture angle: 38-136mm); f/3.1-6.7; Digital zoom: up to 4x (35mm  format picture angle: 544mm)
- Focus range (from lens): 30 cm (1 ft.) to infinity (8); Macro close-up mode: 5 cm (2 in.) to infinity (8)
- Monitor: 3-in., approx. 230k-dot, TFT LCD
- Storage media: Internal memory (approx. 20 MB), SD/SDHC memory cards
- Image size (pixels): 3648 x 2736 (High: 3648/Normal: 3648), 2592 x 1944 (Normal: 2592), 2048 x 1536 (Normal: 2048), 1024 x 768 (PC: 1024), 640 x 480 (TV: 640), 3584 x 2016 (16: 9: 3584)
- ISO sensitivity: Auto (auto gain ISO 64-1600)
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB
- Power sources: Two AA alkaline (supplied), or lithium batteries, two EN-MH2 rechargeable Ni-MH batteries (optional), AC Adapter EH-65A (optional)
- Battery life: Approx. 240 shots with alkaline, 440 shots with EN-MH2, or 630 shots with lithium
- Dimensions (WxHxD): Approx. 96.5 x 61 x 29 mm (3.8 x 2.4 x 1.2 in.) excluding projections
- Weight: Approx. 135 g (4.8 oz.) without battery and SD/SDHC memory card
- Supplied accessories : LR6/AA-size alkaline batteries, USB Cable UC-E6, Audio Video Cable EG-CP14 (L20 only), Strap AN-CP19, Software Suite CD-ROM
- Optional accessories: Audio Video Cable EG-CP14, Rechargeable Ni-MH Battery EN-MH2, Battery Charger MH-72, AC Adapter EH-65A
User Reviews (3)
utilizes cheap, easy to find, and capacious SD/SDHC memory cards
uses universal AA batteries - easy to recharge or find replacements anywhere
easy to use - feels good in the hand, intuitive controls and menus
uses AA batteries rather than higher capacity and easier to recharge lithium-ion battery packs
basic point & shoot camera
You may also like...