FujiFilm FinePix S200EXR/S205EXR
Released July, 2009
The Pros:Electronic viewfinder with 100% coverage. Utilizes easy to find, affordable and capacious SD/SDHC flash storage. Optical image stabilization.
The Cons:Video is shot in standard definition only. Large size. Non-removable lens.
The FujiFilm FinePix S200EXR/S205EXR is a 12 megapixel digital camera with 14.3x optical zoom. This camera gives high resolution and expressive imaging abilities thanks to a Fujinon lens and a next generation EXR processor which allows wide angle shots and close-ups as close as 1 cm from the subject.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The lens-shift stabilization automatically detects small movements of the camera and corrects them by shifting the lens group in the optical path for clear shots. This camera also features Real Photo Technology which uses the EXR technology to capture high resolution images closer to how your eyes see them in real life. For camera savvy operators, there are several manual functions for sharpness, color and tone to adjust the look of your photos to match your taste. Other advanced features include new noise reduction control, high-speed/high-precision AF modes, shutter speed control from 1/4000 second to 30 seconds, advanced high-speed continuous shooting and a film simulation mode with 5 different settings. The S200EXR/S205EXR also features a super intelligent flash, a 2.7" high contrast LCD screen and a variety of shooting modes.
- Model: FinePix S200EXR / S205EXR
- Number of effective pixels: 12.0 million pixels
- CCD sensor: 1/1.6-inch Super CCD EXR
- Storage media:
- Internal memory (Approx. 47MB)
- SD memory card
- SDHC memory card
- File format, Still image:
- JPEG (Exif Ver. 2.2 *3), CCD-RAW (RAW format), CCD-RAW+JPEG
- File format, Movie:
- AVI (Motion JPEG ) with sound
- File format, Audio:
- WAVE format, Monaural sound
- (Design rule for Camera File system compliant / DPOF-compatible)
- Number of recorded pixels, still image:
- L: 4:3 4,000 x 3,000 / L: 3:2 4,000 x 2,664 / L: 16:9 4,000 x 2,248
- M: 4:3 2,816 x 2,112 / M: 3:2 2,816 x 1,864 / M: 16:9 2,816 x 1,584
- S: 4:3 2,048 x 1,536 / S: 3:2 2,048 x 1,360 / S: 16:9 1,920 x 1,080
- Lens: Fujinon 14.3x optical zoom lens, F2.8 (Wide) - F5.3 (Telephoto)
- Lens focal length: f=7.1 - 101.5mm, equivalent to 30.5 - 436mm on a 35mm camera
- Digital zoom: Approx. 2x
- Aperture: Wide: F2.8 - F11, Telephoto: F5.3 - F11
- Focus distance (from lens surface)
- Wide: Approx. 50cm / 1.6ft. to infinity
- Telephoto: Approx. 2.5m / 8.2ft. to infinity
- Wide: Approx. 10cm - 3m / 0.3in. - 9.8ft.
- Telephoto: Approx. 90cm - 3m / 3ft. - 9.8ft.
- Super Macro
- Approx. 1cm - 1m / 0.4in. - 3.3ft.
- Sensitivity: Auto / Auto (3200) / Auto (1600) / Auto (800) / Auto (400) / Equivalent to ISO 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400* / 12800* (Standard Output Sensitivity)
- Exposure control: TTL 256-zones metering
- Exposure mode: Programmed AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual
- Shooting modes:
- Mode dial
- Auto, EXR, FSB, SP, C1, C2, P, S, A, M, Movie
- Portrait, Portrait Enhancer, Landscape, Sport, Night, Fireworks, Night (Tripod), Pro Low-light, Pro Focus, Sunset, Snow, Beach, Flower, Text, NP, NP & Flash
- Image Stabilization: Lens-shift type
- Shutter speed: (Auto mode) 1/4sec. to 1/4000sec., (All other modes) 30sec. to 1/4000sec.
- Continuous shooting:
- Top-6, (max. 1.6 frames/sec.), (CCD-RAW: Top-3)
- Top-24, High speed (max. 5 frames/sec., “S” only)
- Last-6, (max. 1.6 frames/sec.), (CCD-RAW: Last-3)
- Last-24, High speed (max. 5 frames/sec. ,“S” only)
- Barcketing mode:
- Film Simulation BKT (PROVIA / Standard, Velvia / Vivid, ASTIA / Soft)
- Dynamic Range BKT (DR 100%, 200%, 400%)
- AE BKT (±1/3EV, ±2/3EV, ±1EV)
- Focus: Auto focus (Area, Multi, Center) / Continuous AF / Manual focus (One-push AF mode included), AF assist illuminator available
- White balance:
- Automatic scene recognition
- Preset: Fine, Shade, Fluorescent light (Daylight), Fluorescent light (Warm white), Fluorescent light (Cool white), Incandescent light
- Self-timer: Approx. 10sec. / 2sec. delay
- Flash: Auto flash
- Effective range: (ISO AUTO, Normal:
- Wide: Approx. 30cm - 7.2m / 1ft. - 23.6ft.
- Telephoto: Approx. 90cm - 3.8m / 3ft. - 12.5ft.
- Flash modes
- Red-eye removal OFF: Auto, Forced Flash, Suppressed Flash, Slow Synchro.
- Red-eye removal ON: Red-eye Reduction Auto, Red-eye Reduction & Forced Flash, Suppressed Flash, Red-eye Reduction & Slow Synchro.
- Electronic viewfinder: 0.2-inch, Approx. 200,000 dots, FLCD monitor, Approx. 100% coverage
- LCD monitor: 2.7-inch, Approx. 230,000 dots, LCD monitor, Approx. 100% coverage
- Movie recording:
- 640 x 480 pixels, 30 frames/sec.
- 320 x 240 pixels, 30 frames/sec.
- With monaural sound
- Photography functions: EXR mode (EXR AUTO, RESOLUTION PRIORITY, HIGH ISO & LOW NOISE PRIORITY, D-RANGE PRIORITY), Film Simulation mode, Face Detection (with Auto red-eye removal), High Speed Shooting, Histogram Display, Dynamic Range, Framing Guideline, Frame No. memory
- Playback functions:Face Detection (with Red-eye removal), Slideshow, Trimming, Multi-frame playback (with Micro Thumbnail), Sorting by date, Image rotate, Resize, Voice Memo, Histograms (Highlight warning)
- Video output: NTSC / PAL selectable
- Digital interface: USB 2.0 High-speed
- Power supply: NP-140 Li-ion battery (included) / AC power adapter AC-84V (sold separately)
- Dimensions: 133.4 (W) x 93.6 (H) x 145.0 (D) mm / 5.3 (W) x 3.7 (H) x 5.7 (D) in. (excluding accessories and attachments)
- Weight: Approx. 820g / 28.9oz. (excluding accessories, batteries and memory card)
User Reviews (6)
electronic viewfinder with 100% coverage
utilizes easy to find, affordable and capacious SD/SDHC flash storage
optical image stabilization
improved battery life - up to 50% better than the previous generation offering
video is shot in standard definition only
low resolution 2.7" display (230k dots)
You may also like...