FujiFilm FinePix F70EXR/F75EXR
Released July, 2009
The Pros:Point and shoot "auto" mode works consistently for impressive sharp and bright pictures. Very low shutter lag even when not already focused. Excellent zoom range from wide angle to tight shots.
The Cons:A fairly steep learning curve is required to work out the advanced options. Video recording is a bit low-resolution and can't handle HD.
The FujiFilm FinePix F70EXR/F75EXR is a compact 10 megapixel digital camera offered by FujiFilm. This is the worlds smallest camera body to feature a 10x optical zoom (at time of release) and features Dual Image Stabilization to defeat blur from camera shake so even long zoom photos come out sharp.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It also features a 27mm wide angle lens to get a more expansive background in the shot, and is usefull for situations such as close up group shots to get everyone in frame. The Super CCD EXR provides superior picture quality thanks to a 3-in-1 sensor that captures images closer to how they are viewed by the human eye. Other EXR functions include an AUTO mode for point and shoot simplicity and EXR priority to switch between 'High Resolution', 'Wide Dynamic Range' and 'High Sensitivity and Low Noise" modes. There are several shooting modes including Pro Focus mode, Pro Low-light Mode,a Film Simulation Mode with 5 different settings and many more. Other notable features include face detection, red-eye correction, a 2.7" LCD screen, micro thumbnail view, slideshow mode, and a SD/SDHC card slot.
- Number of effective pixels: 10.0 million pixels
- CCD sensor: 1/2-inch Super CCD EXR
- Storage media:
- Internal memory (Approx. 47MB)
- SD memory card
- SDHC memory card
- File format, Still image: JPEG (Exif Ver 2.2 *3)
- File format, Movie: AVI (Motion JPEG ) with sound
- File format, Audio: WAVE format, Monaural sound
- Number of recorded pixels: Still image: 3,616 x 2,712 (10M) / 3,616 x 2,400 (3:2 format) / 3,616 x 2,048 (16:9 format) / 2,592 x 1,944 / 2,592 x 1,728 (3:2 format) / 2,592 x 1,440 (16:9 format) / 2,048 x 1,536 / 2,048 x 1,360 (3:2 format) / 1,920 x 1,080 (16:9 format) pixels
- Lens: Fujinon 10x optical zoom lens, F3.3 (Wide) - F5.6 (Telephoto)
- Lens focal length: f=5.0 - 50.0mm, equivalent to 27 - 270mm on a 35mm camera
- Digital zoom: Approx. 4.0x
- Aperture; Wide: F3.3 / F6.4, Telephoto: F5.6 / F11.0
- Focus distance (from lens surface):
- Wide: Approx. 45cm / 1.5ft. to infinity
- Telephoto: Approx. 2m / 6.6ft. to infinity
- Wide: Approx. 5cm - 2.5m / 2in. - 8.2ft.
- Telephoto: Approx. 90cm - 2.5m / 3ft. - 8.2ft.
- Sensitivity: Auto / Equivalent to ISO 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 / 12800 (Standard Output Sensitivity)
- Exposure control: TTL 256-zones metering
- Exposure mode: Programmed AE, Aperture Priority AE, Manual
- Shooting modes:
- Mode dial
- Auto, EXR, Natural Light, Natural Light & with Flash, SP, P, M, Movie
- Portrait, Portrait Enhancer, Landscape, Sport, Night, Night (Tripod), Fireworks, Sunset, Snow, Beach, Party, Flower, Text, Pro Focus, Pro Low-light
- Image stabilizer: CCD-shift type
- Shutter speed: (Auto mode) 1/4sec. to 1/2000sec., (All other modes) 8sec. to 1/2000sec.
- Continuous shooting:
- Top-3 (max. 1.8 frames/sec.)
- Top-12, High speed (max. 4.8 frames/sec., number of recorded pixels: “S” only)
- Final-3 (max. 1.8 frames/sec.)
- Final-12, High speed (max. 4.8 frames/sec., number of recorded pixels: “S” only)
- Focus: Auto focus (Multi, Center) / Continuous AF, AF assist illuminator available
- White balance:
- Automatic scene recognition
- Preset: Fine, Shade, Fluorescent light (Daylight), Fluorescent light (Warm white), Fluorescent light (Cool white), Incandescent light
- Self-timer: Approx. 10sec. / 2sec. delay
- Flash: Auto flash
- Effective flash range: (ISO 800)
- Wide: Approx. 30cm - 4.2m / 1ft. - 13.8ft.
- Telephoto: Approx. 90cm - 2.4m / 3ft. - 7.9ft.
- Flash modes:
- Red-eye removal OFF: Auto, Forced Flash, Suppressed Flash, Slow Synchro.
- Red-eye removal ON: Red-eye Reduction Auto, Red-eye Reduction & Forced Flash, Suppressed Flash, Red-eye Reduction & Slow Synchro.
- LCD monitor: 2.7-inch, Approx. 230,000 dots, TFT color LCD monitor, Approx. 100% coverage
- Movie recording: 640 x 480 pixels / 320 x 240 pixels (30 frames/sec.) with monaural sound
- Photography functions: EXR mode (EXR AUTO, RESOLUTION PRIORITY, HIGH ISO & LOW NOISE PRIORITY, D-RANGE PRIORITY), Film Simulation, Face Detection, Auto red-eye removal, Power management, Framing guideline, Frame No. memory, Silent mode
- Playback functions: Face Detection, Auto red-eye removal, Trimming, Resize, Image rotate, Slideshow, Multi-frame playback (with Micro Thumbnail), Sorting by date, Voice memo
- Video output: NTSC / PAL selectable
- Digital interface: USB 2.0 High-speed
- Power supply: NP-50 Li-ion battery (included) / CP-50 with AC power adapter AC-5VX (sold separately)
- Dimensions: 99.3 (W) x 58.9 (H) x 22.7 (D) mm / 3.9 (W) x 2.3 (H) x 0.9 (D) in. (excluding accessories and attachments)
- Weight: Approx. 180g / 6.3oz. (excluding accessories, battery and memory card)
User Reviews (1)
point and shoot "auto" mode works consistently for impressive sharp and bright pictures
very low shutter lag even when not already focused
excellent zoom range from wide angle to tight shots
clear descriptions of each shooting mode displayed on the back LCD
flash is well balanced to not over-expose a subject
face recognition is reliable and catches the subject every time
a fairly steep learning curve is required to work out the advanced options
video recording is a bit low-resolution and can't handle HD
You may also like...