Fujifilm FinePix F505EXR
Released February, 2011
The Pros:Continuous shooting mode. Records H.264 MOV files in 1080p HD. Face recogntion, red eye removal, dog/cat detection.
The Fujifilm FinePix F505EXR is a digital camera released in the spring of 2011 along with two other models in the F series with similar features. These are compact cameras that are available in up to four color choices including red, black, silver or blue and all feature 16 mega pixel resolution, 15x optical zoom and a 3 inch LCD monitor on the back.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
They are also some of Fujifilm's first cameras to use their new EXR CMOS image sensor which can detect up to 27 different scenes from low light to high light to high contrast shots etc. This also brings more detail and less noise when using the video recorder which is capable of 1080p HD rendering. Many other new features have been added such as advanced anti-blur, high speed auto-focus, image stabilization and tagging options for personalizing your images and movies before uploading to sites like youtube and facebook. 8GB memory card is supported but not included and a USB cable can be used for direct file transfer to and from computer as well. JPEG, JPEG + RAW and RAW still image file formats are supported, RAW being the digital equivalent of the traditional 'negative' which can later be encoded to JPEG or other format via software. Onboard memory is 39 megabytes and WAVE format stereo sound is recorded along with your videos, in which case a flash memory card is a must.
- Model Name: FinePix F505EXR
- Number of effective pixels: 16.0 million pixels
- Image sensor: 1/2-inch EXR CMOS with primary color filter
- Storage media: Internal memory (Approx. 39MB)
- SD / SDHC / SDXC(UHS-I) memory card
- Still Image: JPEG (Exif Ver 2.3)*3, RAW (RAF format), RAW+JPEG
- Movie: H.264 (MOV)
- Sound: WAVE format, Stereo sound
Number of Recorded Pixels
- Still Image:
- L : (4:3) 4608 x 3456 / (3:2) 4608 x 3072 / (16:9) 4608 x 2592
- M : (4:3) 3264 x 2448 / (3:2) 3264 x 2176 / (16:9) 3264 x 1840\
- S : (4:3) 2304 x 1728 / (3:2) 2304 x 1536 / (16:9) 1920 x 1080
- Motion Panorama:
- 360° Vertical 11520 x 1624 Horizontal 11520 x 1080
- 180° Vertical 5760 x 1624 Horizontal 5760 x 1080
- 120° Vertical 3840 x 1624 Horizontal 3840 x 1080
- Name: Fujinon 15x optical zoom lens
- Focal Length: f=4.4 - 66mm, equivalent to 24-360mm on a 35mm camera
- Full-Aperture: F3.5 (Wide) - F5.3 (Telephoto)
- Constitution: 10 groups 12 lenses
- Digital zoom: Approx. 5x (up to approx. 75x , with 15x optical zoom)
- Aperture: F3.5 / F7.1 / F10 (Wide) F5.3 / F11 / F16 (Telephoto) with ND filter
Focus distance(from lens surface):
- Wide : Approx. 45cm / 1.5ft. to infinity
- Telephoto : Approx. 2.5m / 8.2ft. to infinity
- Wide : Approx. 5cm - 3.0m / 2.0in.- 9.8ft.
- Telephoto : Approx. 1.2m - 3.0m / 3.9ft. - 9.8ft.
- Auto / Equivalent to ISO 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400* / 12800* (Standard Output Sensitivity) *ISO6400 : M mode or lower, ISO12800 : S mode
- Exposure control: TTL 256-zones metering, Multi, Spot, Average
- Exposure mode: Programmed AE, Shutter-priority AE, Aperture-priority AE, Manual
- Natural Light, Natural Light & with Flash, Portrait, Portrait enhancer, Dog, Cat, Landscape, Sport, Night, Night (Tripod), Fireworks, Sunset, Snow, Beach, Underwater, Party, Flower, Text
- EXR, P, S, A, M, SP, Adv, AUTO
- Image Stabilizer: CMOS shift type
- Face Detection
- Exposure Compensation: -2.0EV - +2.0EV 1/3EV step
- Shutter Speed: (Auto mode) 1/4sec. to 1/2000sec., (All other modes) 8sec. to 1/2000sec.
- L : TOP- 4 / 8 frames (3 / 5 / 8 frames/sec.)
- M : TOP- 4 / 8 / 16 frames (3 / 5 / 8 / 11 frames/sec.)
- S : TOP- 4 / 8 / 16 / 32 frames (3 / 5 / 8 / 11 frames/sec.)
Best Frame Capture
- L : 8 frames (3 / 5 / 8 frames/sec.)
- M : 8 / 16 frames (3 / 5 / 8 / 11 frames/sec.)
- AE Bracketing : ±1 / 3EV,±2 / 3EV,±1EV
- Film Simulation Bracketing : PROVIA / STD, Velvia / VIVID, ASTIA / SOFT
- Dynamic Rang Bracketing : 100% / 200% / 400%
- Mode: Single AF / Continuous AF (EXR AUTO, Movie)
- Type: TTL contrast AF, AF assist illuminator available
- AF Frame Selection: Center, Multi, Tracking
- Automatic scene recognition
- Preset: Fine, Shade, Fluorescent light (Daylight), Fluorescent light (Warm White), Fluorescent light (Cool White), Incandescent light, Underwater, Custom
- 10sec. / 2sec. delay / Auto release / Auto shutter(Dog, Cat)
- Auto flash (super i-flash)
- Effective range : (ISO AUTO)
- Red-eye removal OFF : Auto, Forced Flash, Suppressed Flash, Slow Synchro.
- Red-eye removal ON : Red-eye Reduction Auto, Red-eye Reduction & Forced Flash, Suppressed Flash, Red-eye Reduction & Slow Synchro.
- 3.0-inch, approx. 460,000 dots, TFT color LCD monitor, approx. 100% coverage
- 1920 x 1080 pixels / 1280 x 720 pixels / 640 x 480 pixels (30 frames / sec.) with stereo sound *zoom function may be used
- EXR mode, Face recognition, Intelligent Face Detection, Auto red-eye removal, Film simulation, Dog / Cat detection, Framing guidline, Frame No. memory, Advanced mode (Motion panorama360, Pro focus, Pro low light), High Speed Movie (80 / 160 / 320 fps.) , Advanced Anti Blur
- Face Detection, Auto red-eye removal, Multi-frame playback (with micro thumbnail), Protect, Crop, Resize, Slide show, Image rotate, voice memo, histogram display, exposure warning, Photobook assist, image search, Favorites, Mark for upload, Panorama, Erase selected frames, Histogram display
- PictBridge, Exif Print, 35 Languages, Time difference, Silent mode
- Video Output: NTSC / PAL selectable with stereo sound
- Digital Interface: USB 2.0 High Speed
- HDMI Output: HDMI mini connector
- NP-50 Li-ion battery (included) / CP-50 with AC power adapter AC-5VX (sold separately)
- Li-ion battery NP-50
- Battery charger BC-45W
- Hand strap
- USB cable
- A / V cable
- Owner's manual
User Reviews (2)
Records H.264 MOV files in 1080p HD
Face recogntion, red eye removal, dog/cat detection
You may also like...