FujiFilm FinePix A220/A225
Released July, 2009
The Pros:Solid set of features for a budget price. Powered by AA batteries, easily replaced. Simple controls, minimal number of buttons.
The Cons:Picture quality isn't great, even for the low price. Poor menu user interface, cumbersome. Sluggish optical zoom reaction time.
The FujiFilm FinePix A220/A225 is a compact 12.2 megapixel digital camera with 3x optical zoom. The sleek and slim design with a soft curved front gives a smart look with grip comfort, and lets you take it anywhere in your pocket or purse.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It has 6 scene SR AUTO (Scene Recognition Auto) and Face Detection for up to 6 faces making it easy to take a variety of shots including portraits, landscape, night scenes and macro shots. The anti-blur picture stabilization automatically corrects for camera shake and subject blur to capture action shots with crips detail. There are several easy to use shooting functions such as panorama shooting which stitches 3 consecutive shots, movie recording with optical zoom and a large variety of versitile picture modes. The FujiFilm FinePix A170/A175 has a 2.7" LCD screen which can be used to view pictures with functions such as micro thumbnail view and slideshow mode, and stores photos to a SD or SDHC memory card with a single versitle card slot. It runs on 2 AA batteries so there is no bulky chargers required.
- Number of effective pixels: 12.2 million pixels
- CCD sensor: 1/2.3-inch CCD
- Storage media:
- Internal memory (Approx. 10MB)
- SD memory card
- SDHC memory card
- File format:
- Still image: JPEG (Exif Ver. 2.2 *3)
- Movie: AVI (Motion JPEG) with sound
- Number of recorded pixels: Still image: 4,000 x 3,000 (12M) / 4,000 x 2,666 (3:2 format) / 2,816 x 2,112 / 2,048 x 1,536 / 1,600 x 1,200 / 640 x 480 pixels
- Lens: Fujinon 3x optical zoom lens, F2.9 (Wide) - F5.2 (Telephoto)
- Lens focal length: f=5.7 - 17.1mm, equivalent to 32 - 96mm on a 35mm camera
- Digital zoom: Approx. 5.7x
- Aperture; Wide: F2.9 / F8.8, Telephoto: F5.2 / F16.0
- Focus distance (from lens surface):
- Wide: Approx. 60cm / 2.0ft. to infinity
- Telephoto: Approx. 60cm / 2.0ft. to infinity
- Wide: Approx. 10cm - 70cm / 3.9in. - 2.3ft.
- Telephoto: Approx. 35cm - 70cm / 1.1ft. - 2.3ft.
- Sensitivity: Auto / Equivalent to ISO 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / (Standard Output Sensitivity)
- Exposure control: TTL 256-zones metering
- Exposure mode: Programmed AE
- Shooting modes: Portrait, Landscape, Sport, Night, Night (Tripod), Fireworks, Sunset, Snow, Beach, Party, Flower, Text, Baby, PS (Anti-blur), Natural Light, Movie, Panorama
- Image stabilization: Picture Stabilization (Anti-blur)
- Shutter speed: (Auto mode) 1/4sec. to 1/1400sec., (All other modes) 8sec. to 1/1400sec.
- Continuous shooting: Top-3
- Focus: Auto focus (Center)
- White balance:
- Automatic scene recognition
- Preset: Fine, Shade, Fluorescent light (Daylight), Fluorescent light (Warm white), Fluorescent light (Cool white), Incandescent light
- Self-timer: Approx. 10sec. / 2sec. delay
- Flash: Auto flash
- Effective flash range: (ISO AUTO):
- Wide: Approx. 0.6m - 3.5m / 2.0ft. -11.5ft.
- Telephoto: Approx. 0.6m - 2.0m / 2.0ft. - 6.6ft.
- Approx. 0.3m - 0.8m / 1.0ft. - 2.6ft.
- LCD monitor: 2.7-inch, Approx. 230,000 dots, TFT colors LCD monitor, Approx. 96% coverage
- Movie recording: 640 x 480 pixels, 320 x 240 pixels (30 frames/sec.) with monaural sound
- Photography functions: SR Auto (Scene Recognition Auto), Face Detection, Best framing, Frame No. memory
- Playback functions: Face Detection, Slideshow, Multi-frame playback (with Micro Thumbnail), Sorting by date, Image rotate, Trimming
- Video output: NTSC / PAL selectable
- Digital interface: USB 2.0 Full-speed
- Power supply: 2x AA type alkaline batteries (included), 2x AA type Ni-MH batteries (sold separately)
- Dimensions: 93.0 (W) x 60.0 (H) x 21.9 (D)mm / 3.7 (W) x 2.4 (H) x 0.9 (D) in. (excluding accessories and attachments)
- Weight: Approx. 120g / 4.2oz. (excluding accessories, batteries and memory card)
User Reviews (1)
Solid set of features for a budget price
Powered by AA batteries, easily replaced
Simple controls, minimal number of buttons
Good quality LCD display, but not the brightest one out there, users will have to set it at max brightness for outdoor use
Picture quality isn't great, even for the low price
Poor menu user interface, cumbersome
Sluggish optical zoom reaction time
You may also like...