Canon PowerShot SX10 IS
Released October, 2008
The Pros:Zoom is quick and generally focuses quickly even at the far end. Face detection technology works well. Light gathering is great, colors all look bright.
The Cons:Auto-focus and shutter release is noticeably slower in low light. Tendency to overexpose so everything is a bit bleached.
The Canon PowerShot SX10 IS is a top of the line compact digital camera that takes professional quality 14.7 megapixel photos. Canon claims the camera is for advanced amateur photographers and has the ability to completely meet and exceed all their demands and needs.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The Powershot SX10 includes Canon's new DIGIC 4 image processor designed to produce incredible motion detection and capture facial expression even during fast movement. The Powershot SX10 camera features a high-powered 20x optical zoom, 4x digital zoom with optical image stabilization combined with a 28mm wide-angle lens. The camera also includes a 2.5" Purecolor II VGA LCD preview display screen with Vari-angle technology to provide flexible viewing at any possible angle. Individual picture editing can be done on the actual device, in the event photos need to be changed on the fly. The Powershot SX10 also includes print and share buttons directly on the camera for easy print access when connected to compatible Canon photo printers. For additional features the Powershot SX10 offers a plethora of shooting modes, a long list of special effects, a red-eye reduction flash mode, and a self-timer. The SX10 also includes an SDHC slot for compatibility with all SD/SDHC Memory Card, MultiMediaCard, MMC Plus Card, and HC MMC Plus memory cards which can be used to store media. The Canon Powershot SX10 was released on October 15, 2008 and has an MSRP of $399.99.
- 10 Megapixel image sensor; 3,648 x 2,736 full or 3,648 x 2,048 widescreen maximum resolution photos
- 28mm wide-angle lens
- Canon DIGIC 4 image processor technology
- 12x optical zoom/ 4x digital zoom with image stabilization software
- 2.5" Purecolor II VGA LCD Preview Screen fitted with Vari-angle technology
- Multiple camera shooting modes, various special camera effects, and red-eye reduction flash mode.
- 10-2 second delay self-timer
- SDHC card slot for storage; compatibility with all SD/SDHC Memory Card, MultiMediaCard, MMC Plus Card, HC MMC Plus Cards
- 2 AA size batteries or rechargable battery size equivalent; 720 minutes (340 shots) with the LCD screen on or 840 minutes (640 shots) with the LCD screen off
- Outputs: USB 2.0 (mini-B), NTSC/PAL video out, stereo audio out
- Focal Length: 5.0-100mm f/2.8-5.7 (35mm film equivalent: 28-560mm)
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8 (W) - f/5.7 (T)
- Release Date: October 15, 2008
- MSRP: $399.99
User Reviews (1)
zoom is quick and generally focuses quickly even at the far end
face detection technology works well
light gathering is great, colors all look bright
flip-out rotating viewfinder is perfect for candid photos and self-portraits
wide angle shots are excellent, captures wide vistas
low-light photos look reasonably good with minimal noise
Auto-focus and shutter release is noticeably slower in low light
tendency to overexpose so everything is a bit bleached
You may also like...