Canon PowerShot SD3500 IS
Released February, 2010
The Pros:Full touch screen makes navigation much easier than button-based models. Ergonomics allow easy holding of camera while using thumbs on screen. Preset scene modes and auto mode produce better results than expected, compared to older models.
The Cons:"Low-light" preset mode produces dark images. Blurring tends to occur at higher ISOs. Cannot use optical zoom during video recording.
The Canon Powershot SD3500 IS is an entry level 14.1 megapixel compact digital camera. The SD3500 IS is equipped with a 24mm ultra-wide angle lens, a 5X optical zoom and a 3.5 inch touch screen LCD display.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Canon has also added a Touchscreen LCD display so that the user can customize their photo settings by simply dragging icons to separate desired onscreen locations.
The SD3500 IS features a number of settings to improve or enhance the quality of photos directly on the device. Users have the ability to add effects to photos with the addition of Fish-eye and Miniature effect modes. Advancements to Canon's unique Smart Auto Mode increases the number of shooting scenarios where the camera can automatically adjust for movement and lighting. The SD3500 IS sports Smart Flash Exposure which automatically adds the correct level of flash for each setting. The camera includes several Face detection self-timer modes that can be triggered with either a wink or a smile. The camera also offers the ability to shoot 720p High Definition video. The SD3500 IS supports the high-spec SDXC memory cards with a maximum storage of two terabytes while users that wish to connect via wireless data transfer can connect directly to PCs as the camera is Eye-Fi memory card compatible.
- 5X optical zoom
- Dynamic mode for enhanced image stabilization when shooting movies
- 14.1 megapixels to generate 16.5" X 23.4" prints
- 24mm wide angle lens
- 3.5-inch LCD touch screen
- HD video shooting
- Digic 4 image processor with evolved face-detection
- Fish-eye and Miniature effect modes
- Smart Auto Mode
- Servo AF-AE conditions
- Smart Flash Exposure
- Type of camera: Compact digital-still camera with built in flash
- 14.1 megapixels
- 1/2 3 inch type charge coupled device
- 14.5 total pixels
- 14.1 effect pixels
- Focal length: 5.0(W) - 20(T) mm
- 5X digital zoom
- Focus range 2" - infinity (W), 3.ft-infinity (T)
- Auto focus system: TTL autofocus system, manual focus
- LCD monitor: 3.5-inch touch screen
- LCD pixels: Approx 461,000 dots
- Shutter speed 1- 1/ 3000sec 15- 1/ 3000 sec
- Recycling time: 12 sec or less
- Flash exposure: +/-2 stops in 1/3 stop increments
User Reviews (1)
Full touch screen makes navigation much easier than button-based models
Ergonomics allow easy holding of camera while using thumbs on screen
Preset scene modes and auto mode produce better results than expected, compared to older models
Larger screen than many competing cameras in this range
Excellent range of colour reproduction and vibrancy, DIGIC IV processor noticeably improved over previous generation
Touch to focus produces highly accurate results
"Low-light" preset mode produces dark images
Blurring tends to occur at higher ISOs
Cannot use optical zoom during video recording
Does not include mini-HDMI cable in box
You may also like...